Entertaining with Netflix #StreamTeam
Managing Profiles on the Netflix Account
There are two ways that you manage the Netflix content in your home.
- You can either set a 4-digit PIN that must be entered to play any TV show or movie above a selected maturity level, on any profile. This way your child will not watch content rated above their selected maturity level. It works very well if you have a number of kids accessing your Netflix and you want to be sure that mature content isn’t visible – it works for big groups of kids.
- The other option is to set the age level for a particular profile. This will control the TV shows and movies available for that profile.
The second option is what we do. I have two kids, 12 and 7, and keeping in mind their interests and maturity level my hubby has set us up with their ages in their profile. The thing is that when you set the profiles up on the TV you see three levels of maturity. On the laptop, you see four levels of maturity. Perfect for in-betweeners like us. This is what they look like.
- For Little Kids only – Watch TV shows and movies suitable for all ages. Mostly G material.
- For Older Kids and below – Watch TV shows and movies suitable for older kids. Mostly G and PG. Some PG-13.
- For Teens and below – Watch TV shows and movies suitable for teens. All ages, PG, PG13, some TV-14 material.
- All Maturity levels – Watch all TV shows and movies, including mature content.
You can follow the set-up instructions for your Netflix Account here.
- Access your Account page from a web browser and select Manage Profiles.
- Select the profile you’d like to edit.
- Under Allowed TV shows and movies, select your desired maturity level of content.
- Select Save.