One of my favourite aspects of being a blogger is sourcing out products and services that make our lives healthy, easy, delicious and enjoyable. Walking into a clean house with the knowledge that the cleanliness was obtained with very little effort, that has to be one of the most enjoyable experiences in life.
Recently Black + Decker sent me some of their products to review and test out in real life situations in my very real home. They are all products that focus on a clean home. So while I am still working my way through the other products, what I wanted to share with you today is this.
Let’s start with a trick question – can you spot the appliance in this picture?
That elegant little thing is the Lithium Pivot Vac my favourite hand-held vacuum cleaner in the WORLD! Spoiler Alert!
Black + Decker Handheld vacuum review
Before I go any further I have to put it out there that I have been a fan of Black + Decker products long before I became a blogger. Over the years I have had a ton of their appliances in my kitchen and home. I have also lived in an apartment for most of my life and have run through more than my share of hand-held vacuums. I hadn’t found a favourite till I met the Black+Decker 20V Lithium Pivot Vac.
Over the last few days I have been putting it through its paces and here’s what I have found.
The Features that I love:
- The nozzle that can pivot up and down and at an angle, in the middle of cleaning up. That last part is the best part honestly. I can go from cleaning the back of the couch to the crevices as I scroll down on my Instagram newsfeed. Without missing a beat!
- The motor is strong enough to pick up our cat’s hair. It did take a couple of runs though because it is a handheld vacuum after all.
- It can scoop up big and small debris easily.
- The charging base can be tucked away in the corner of the family room or installed on the wall with the screws provided.
- The translucent bagless dirt bowl. I can spot the hair barrettes that I accidentally vacuumed a minute ago, while I was multitasking and surfing my social media!
- With one click of a button, I can open the dirt bowl and empty the gunk out.
- The Lithium battery makes for stronger suction and longer power.
- How light it is – it is just over 3 pounds and quite easy to manoeuvre.
You can check out the specs and other features here.
Does it suck?
Yes, the Pivot Vac does! My research tells me more than any other handheld vacuum. I have bought a number over the years and failed many. Not this one!
I haven’t seen a better handheld vacuum.
Disclaimer: Black+Decker has sent me some of their product to review. The opinion as always is honest and all mine.